Very hardy fig shrub that is a great container tree. Has very attractive bark and large dark green leaves that are 4”-10” long. Fruit is edible and ripens in late summer or fall on new wood. Fruit is deep purple to light brown with pink flesh. Sweet-tasting. This great container tree can be kept inside during winter months or kept in cool garage.
- If planted in ground and kept outside in winter, protect in zones 6-7 with root mulch.
- In zones 5-6 in winter, lay down branches and cover with soil as well as covering main trunk in soil.
- If dieback occurs, it will resprout in spring.
- Can be grown in a container throughout zones 4-11.
- These trees can be grown indoors as a container or patio tree. Once the weather is warm, they can be transitioned outside. Patio trees should be kept inside during cold days/nights.